What Kind of Wrinkles Can Be Relaxed With BOTOX®?
In the pursuit of a more youthful appearance, many people turn to nonsurgical treatments to address unwanted facial wrinkles and lines. The Plastics Clinic in South Jordan, UT, led by esteemed board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Jerry Chidester, offers a complete range of cosmetic solutions tailored to meet each patient's unique needs. One of the most popular choices is cosmetic injectables, including the wrinkle relaxer BOTOX. This widely used injectable effectively relaxes specific types of wrinkles, helping patients achieve a smoother, more youthful-looking complexion.
Which types of lines are treated with BOTOX?
BOTOX is arguably best known for its ability to target and diminish dynamic facial wrinkles and lines, meaning those associated with muscle movements and facial expressions — like smiling, squinting, and frowning. Among the lines that can be effectively treated with BOTOX wrinkle relaxers are:
1. Crow’s feet: These fine lines that form around the outer corners of the eyes are a common concern, usually caused by aging and repetitive facial expressions.
2. Forehead lines: Horizontal lines that run across the forehead due to expressions like raising the eyebrows can be significantly softened with BOTOX injections.
3. Frown lines: Vertical lines that appear between the eyebrows can be relaxed with BOTOX to create a more refreshed and youthful appearance.
4. "11" lines: These lines, also known as glabellar lines, are the vertical wrinkles that form between the eyebrows and make patients appear angry or upset even with the face at rest.
How long does BOTOX last?
While the duration of BOTOX results can vary from person to person, patients can generally expect the effects to last around 3 – 4 months. Over time, the muscle activity gradually returns, and wrinkles may reappear. However, with regular maintenance treatments, patients can enjoy continuous benefits and even find that their results may begin to last longer with subsequent rounds of BOTOX.
Are BOTOX and fillers the same?
BOTOX and dermal fillers are both popular nonsurgical treatments designed to combat signs of aging, but they address different types of wrinkles and lines. While BOTOX targets wrinkles caused by muscle movement and facial expressions, fillers — like JUVÉDERM®— primarily address wrinkles and lines that are the result of volume loss and decreased skin elasticity.
BOTOX is ideal for:
- Dynamic wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movements
- Crow’s feet
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines
- "11" lines
Dermal fillers are best suited for:
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines).
- Marionette lines
- Thin lips
- Hollow cheeks
- Undereye hollows (tear troughs)
In many cases, patients choose a combination of injectable fillers and wrinkle relaxers to achieve a more harmonious and youthful look overall.
Love your fresh new look with BOTOX in South Jordan, UT
Whether you're considering BOTOX for the first time or you’re looking for a change, our expert injectors, under the direction of board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Jerry Chidester at The Plastics Clinic in South Jordan, UT, are here to help. To learn more about the exciting transformation that may be possible for you with BOTOX wrinkle relaxers, JUVÉDERM fillers, and our other high-end cosmetic injectables, call to schedule your one-on-one consultation today.